Wednesday 7 April 2010

New to Twitter in Brisbane? Come +meet lots of people, Friday April 2010 @greystonebar #btub @btub

So, if you've just joined Twitter you may be be wondering exactly what all the fuss is about. People use Twitter in lots of different ways, but the main way I use it is to meet other people in Brisbane. Brisbane has a thriving community on Twitter, and once a month there's a big meet-up called a btub.

The next btub is Friday night, Friday April 9th 2010, at Greystone Bar, Southbank.

btub stands for "Brisbane Twitter Underground Brigade" but it's not really underground any more, we have lots of people turn up. There's lots of interesting and friendly people to chat to so if you're free, drop in - if you want to chat with me, my photo's on the side of this blog (but I now have a goatee/mo). However I'm working to midnight so don't expect me there till about 1am.

There's a btub group on Facebook, and there's a Facebook event for tomorrow night's meetup. And you can also follow btub's Twitter account.

The meetup is at Greystone Bar, 177 Grey St, Southbank - click here for a Google Map with public transport details. If you need to look up public transport routes or timetables, click here for the Translink journey planner.

If you're on Twitter, a service that lets you find out what people are doing, you might want to follow the Brisbane Blog's Twitter account and you'll get updated every time there is a new story on the Brisbane Blog. Or if you want more, follow my personal account (David Jackmanson) and find out what I'm up to.

No comments: